Visualization is the art of using mental images and affirmations to transform and greatly improve health, career, prosperity, relationships and every area of your life. We always attract into our lives whatever we think about most, believe most strongly, expect on the deepest level, and imagine most vividly.
At your workplace, you are constantly getting into arguments and disagreements with your boss. It is clear that this is not benefitting to both and these differences need to be addressed.
Now either you can think about it all day (and night) and expect no increment or promotion this year OR
you can plan a meeting to sort out differences through fruitful conversation and end up being the best team.
Which one would you choose?
Obviously the second solution, the win-win situation for all. But most of the time we choose the first option and give it the energy of lack, limitation, problem and unconsciously choose and create what we don’t want. Shakti Gawain (30 September 1948 to 11 November 2018) the author of Creative Visualization has popularised this technique to make positive ideas and concepts a total reality.
- To pay a tribute to her we did a “peaceful place” visualization today at the regular Monday meditation session.
- The purpose is to relax your mind, reduce stress and find a place of peace within. This place is an imaginary area that you can visualize to help calm and relax your mind whenever needed.
- Begin by finding a comfortable position and relax by focusing for the next few moments only on your breathing. Allow your breathing to center you and reach the meditative state.
- Now create an image in your mind of a peaceful place.
- Where is the place? Indoor………or outdoor? Small……or large??
- Now picture some more details about this place. Who’s with you? Are you alone? or you have a company? Are there other people or animals/birds?
- Imagine more details, involve all your senses. Feel the smell this place offers. Connect to that smell.
- Focus on the relaxing sounds around you and connect to that music or sound.
- Feel the touch, it could be a gentle breeze, water or surface you are on.
- Bring your attention to the colors and sights around you. Connect to all these things which makes this place special for you.
- Now picture yourself, a calm vibrant being enjoying and rejuvenating in this peaceful place.
- Bring yourself back to the present moment when you are ready. Keep the feeling of calm and peace with you in everyday life.
My Participants have experienced a euphoric feeling and constant smile on the face using this visualization technique. Creative Visualization is the magic in the truest and highest meaning of the word. It involves understanding and aligning yourself with the natural principles that govern the workings of the Universe, learning and using these principles in the most conscious and creative ways. It should be noted that this technique cannot be used to “control” the behavior of others or cause them to do something against their will. Its effect is to dissolve our internal barriers to natural harmony and self-realization, allowing everyone to manifest in their most positive aspect.